"In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the need for self-actualization is the final need that manifests when lower level needs have been satisfied. ... " Welcome to my diary of self-actualization.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Naked squirrels

This morning Luke and I were in the car on our way to run some errands. It was a quiet drive and the radio was playing softly when out of the blue Luke says to me, "Mom? What if I was outside naked fighting a squirrel?"

I said, "What?" Not sure if I heard him correctly.

So he repeats himself. "Moooom, I saaaaid, what if I was outside naked fighting a squirrel? I mean, that would be funny and tough?! Wouldn't it?

I am confused but its starting to register and the mental picture of what he is saying makes me try hard to keep a straight face, because he is completely serious.So I say, "Yeah, that'd be pretty tough to do."

Luke goes," Yeah! and they'd scratch you with their long nails if you were naked!"

I look in the review mirror to see him reveling in the thought of it and say, "Yeah, I guess so," and I think to myself,nothing in my life is boring. Not even a routine drive to the drycleaners. Proudly, I assume he gets this creative thought process from me.