"In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the need for self-actualization is the final need that manifests when lower level needs have been satisfied. ... " Welcome to my diary of self-actualization.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Harvard of all Kindergartens.

I want my kid to go to the Harvard of Kindergartens.

Almost time for the addmissions fair for private schools.
I heard today from a friend that she got up at 2am to stand in line to be sure to get her kids application in within the deadline last year. She said there were tons of parents waiting with lawn chairs and hot coffee for this!

I smiled politely and laughed a little bit, like I was totally not one of those nuts...... but secretly I was thinking, "lady! you don't even KNOW! I am crazy! I'll stay up ALL night to get my kids app in! You don't even KNOW! Sleep depravation means NOTHING to me! I've gone FOR DAYS without sleeping! Don't even mess! Sheeeeet!

Anyway, I'm thinking about all this school stuff and I gotta wonder if I want Luke to go to that school just to obliterate my own lack of formal education. or the memory of it....or

Maybe I just want my son to have the best opportunities.....

or Maybe I just want to sling the name of my kid's school around in conversations to make myself look cool.

Probably the last one.