"In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the need for self-actualization is the final need that manifests when lower level needs have been satisfied. ... " Welcome to my diary of self-actualization.

Friday, September 28, 2007

It's beautiful

Since he found his son, he has slowly been softening before my eyes. It is a beautiful thing and seeing it take place, I feel blessed and I've given it much thought.

The other day Tim wanted to show some of the music he downloaded. He was so excited. He keep naming off all these different singers. Moody Blues, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, really I wasn't interested. But later on I realized that is a huge change for Tim to go back and talk about the music he used to like. Then I realized he is remembering things and he is opening up, what more is he very rarely used be interested in music....too busy.

He listens to music now. The other night I heard him in the backyard. He was sitting under the leaves with his new ipod singing along to his music. I crooked my head to the side and smiled to myself and wandered back to bed. Let him sing under the stars.

.....and today his son called just to say hi, and called him Dad for the first time. He told me about it excitedly.

It's like watching a scar fade, or a tree with a broken branch show buds.
Something like that. Whatever it is, its beautiful.