"In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the need for self-actualization is the final need that manifests when lower level needs have been satisfied. ... " Welcome to my diary of self-actualization.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I saw the future.

I was at Longs drugstore yesterday picking up presriptions with Luke. We had a long line. Luckily there are a few seats to wait in. . Fortunately for all of us bored adults Luke entertained us by louding doing the "robot" dance. He was pretty good actually....he sang along with arm motions, "I-am-a-robot!" Over and over and over. yeah. So eventually he tired of that and sat down.
I was sitting next to him reading the back of package of ear wax remover and I noticed the woman who standing in line near us kinda staring. I followed her gaze and it landed right on Luke just about to wipe a booger on the chair he was sitting in. Of course I quickly pretended to be horrified and gave a lecture on the sanitary desposal of boogers. The lady looked satisfied and gave me a tight lipped smile. Then I whispered to Luke she was a weirdo.

Around this time the line started to move and now in front of us was a mother with her pimply teenage son. The mother had the strangest look on her face and when I looked at her son, that overgrown puppy, he was waving a package of Trojans at her. His mother and I briefly exchanged eye contact and then she wistfully looked at Luke then back at me. Her look told me she wished her son was still doing the "robot" instead of waving condoms around trying to embarrass her.

Oh the joys to come raising a son...