"In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the need for self-actualization is the final need that manifests when lower level needs have been satisfied. ... " Welcome to my diary of self-actualization.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Doctor is- IN

My husband grew up in a family of 11 kids. He tells me of getting lost in the sea of kids or fighting his way through it. There was not alot of individual attention. More like group attention.

Thus, my pychoanalysis is: this is why he is a people person and loves constant interaction. Doesn't like to be alone. He is pesky.

I however had a small family with more attention than I wanted. Every move was watched. My mom regulated teeth brushing, dressing, and vitamins. Dad regulated the behavior and refereed conflict. If you were not around the parents would probably notice and an alarm would sound.

Thus, my pychoanalysis is: this is why I need solitude. I actually need to be alone regularly to maintain my balance. I can sometimes be anti-social.

(feel free to post questions to The Doctor) All answers will be 5$, payable by paypal.