"In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the need for self-actualization is the final need that manifests when lower level needs have been satisfied. ... " Welcome to my diary of self-actualization.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Lion King

The Broadway production for Lion King is here in Hawaii. We got tickets awhile back and went to see it Saturday afternoon with my in-laws, Luke, Tim and my niece Natalie. It was a fantasic show. The kids seemed mesmerized by all the fabulous costumes.
The singing was incredible. The only downside was that it was really loud and super crowded.

After the show, I was completely exhausted. Sometimes if I go too long racing around from thing to thing and event to event and don't get any privacy I experience a mini melt down.

Finally after all these years I can now recognize the pattern.

Anyway, Tim has a hard time understanding my need for complete alone time. He is such a social person by nature, I am too, I just have this little glitch in my system though. Gotta recharge regularly through solitary pursuits. If I don't, It seems like life begins to rush at me from all angles. I get sensory overload, a headache comes on, a slight anxiety feeling like clausterphobia...ect ect. Then I have to go to my room and sleep.

Well, Lion King was only the begining of the weekend. We were still supposed to go to dinner that night with everyone, then early next morning go to my in-laws, where an out-of-town guest was staying as well, and go to see the Blue Angels at the military base. Oh yeah, Luke was out of school for Thursday and Friday, so he and I were together for those 2 days 24-7. So yeah, after Lion King I was so tired. I had to bow out of the rest of the weekend.

I am feeling better after resting Saturday night and Sunday day. So by this morning I am completely recharged and ready to rock.

I wish the world would just understand though and slow down a bit.