"In Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the need for self-actualization is the final need that manifests when lower level needs have been satisfied. ... " Welcome to my diary of self-actualization.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Boring is, as Boring Does!

I finally bit the bullet. After hearing some great lectures on the effects of media on children and the incident at school where Luke was acting out some violent scene from a tv show.....I turned off the tube completely. Well for Luke, that is.

Lucas is visibly less aggressive. He is much more calmer but the best part is, he is so much more fun and creative!

The new pictures are of Luke flying a kite he made. Another picture is of him in his bed with some of my old cans that we made into a awesome rocking drum set. We love love love it! Especially me. No so much Tim. (I'd always wished I was a drummer in a rock band.....) Anyway, I picked up an old beat up surf board at a garage sale for 5 bucks! I told him he could decorate it, besides that I grabbed a book at the sale too. The title: 365 things to for kids besides watch tv. So, I know I'm on the right track! You know the little signs God gives and such...

So check out the new photos and the link of a very uninhibited Lukie doing his hip hop rap dancing!

So, now I have to go help my son find something to do besides tv....as he is driving me nuts.